You’ve heard this before: the purchase of your home is likely to be the biggest financial investment you will ever make! And if you’re like most homeowners, you are worried about the condition of your home and want to keep it maintained as well as possible, given your financial resources.
All this is great, as it makes it more likely than not, that if your home’s foundation is damaged, you’ll get it repaired. So now that you are ready to do some “homework” and are sitting in front of your computer, about to Google, “home foundation repair contractors near me”, here are three key considerations you should keep in mind!
Make sure you are selecting a trustworthy contractor!
All foundation repair contractors are not created equal. It has to be acknowledged that some contractors out there are what you might call, “fly-by-night” operations, and by that we mean they are not trustworthy, may not be licensed, and may not even truly know what they are doing. Not every contractor is a foundation “expert” and not every contractor is good at foundation repair!
When evaluating whether or not to hire a contractor, you must ask the potential contractor the following questions:
- How long have you been in business? (the longer, the better!)
- How long have you been repairing home foundations, and how many foundations have you repaired? (the longer and more, the better!)
- How long have you had your contractor’s license? (again, the longer the better!)
- Is the license now, and has it always been, under your own name? (it should be!)
- Are you both bonded and have Workmen’s Compensation and Liability insurance? (look for your contractor to be both bonded and insured!)
- Do you use your own work crews, or do you use subcontractors to do the work? (when contractors use their own crews, they are able to supervise and practice quality control!)
- Do you work from the back of your pickup truck, or do you have an office with a street address, staff, receptionist, etc.? (you want to be able to reach your contractor quickly and easily!)
You may be happy to hear that Weinstein Construction has been in business for over 45 years and we have repaired over 1,000 foundations during that time! Our business license is (and always has been) under Mr. Weinstein’s name. We have always been bonded and we always carry both Workmen’s Compensation and Liability insurance! We certainly have a large office and staff ready to answer any of your questions, and we always use our own work crews!
Make sure you are comparing apples to apples!
There are many factors that go into putting together a cost proposal for repairing a home’s foundation. These include, among others, the extent of the damage, the suggested repair methods, and the cost of materials. As such, if you receive a low-priced bid from a contractor, you must do a thorough comparison between the lower-priced and the higher-priced proposals, to make sure that both proposals discuss:
- The same repair method/s (unqualified contractors may be using the wrong method for repairing the damage!)
- The same number of locations being affected and repaired, including repair dimensions (a lower-priced bid may be cutting corners, using fewer piers, or correcting fewer areas!)
- The same materials used for repair (not all repair materials are created equal!)
You’ll be happy to hear that at Weinstein Construction, you will get an honest and thoughtful proposal that takes into consideration the best solution to your foundation issue, at an affordable price to most homeowner budgets!
Make sure you get a warranty for the foundation work!
If a contractor is not willing to guarantee the quality of their repair work with a warranty, simply walk away. It’s as simple as that! Moreover, you must always remember that a warranty is only as good as the contractor who backs it. In this respect, if your contractor has only been in business for a few years, shows up in a dirty old truck, and has little experience in foundation repair, you must ask yourself, “how long will this company continue in business?” and “Will this company take care of me if things go wrong?”
At Weinstein Construction, we stand behind our repair work, we guarantee our foundation repair services, and we always go the “extra mile” for our clients! That’s why we have been in the foundation repair business for over 45 years!
If you are searching for “foundation repair cost near me” or “foundation repair specialist near me”, you’ll be pleased to know that Weinstein Construction’s Los Angeles foundation repair crews work all over the region and will absolutely have the right foundation solution for you! Call Angela today at (800) 862-6582 for a free inspection of your home’s foundation!
We also offer complete foundation replacement, as well as basement foundation waterproofing, leaky basement repair, foundation cracks repair, and basement waterproofing. Moreover, Weinstein Construction professionals can also design and install French drain and drainage mitigation systems!