HOMES THAT HAVE A HIGH LIKELIHOOD OF FOUNDATION SLAB FAILURE
One-story homes that have concrete slabs on top of soil, particularly with trees and flowerbeds near, have a high likelihood of foundation failure. Homes situated in hot and dry regions which have shallow footings also often have foundation issues that require contractor foundation repair.
Weinstein Construction’s tested and established slab repair solutions can be used for just about any slab repair project. We can do any job, from waterproofing a basement wall to basement foundation waterproofing, all manner of other waterproofing and foundation repair, to complete slab replacement.
COSTS BY SORT & MATERIAL
The type of foundation under your home can dictate the cost of your slab repair or replacement. Basements, for example, may require in-depth excavation. On the other hand, homes with crawlspaces or pier and beam structures may be easier to access and repair.
- Concrete Slab/Block – subsiding slabs can typically be fastened through mudjacking and waterproofing. Slabs work best in environments wherever the soil doesn’t shift and your structural engineer or soil specialist may recommend putting in place a deeper, safer foundation.
- Pier and Beam – when a slab is subsiding, it’s often the case that the soil beneath the home is shifting or responding to wetness. Wood beams that have decayed over time may need to be replaced with steel and piers added to the underpinning system. Severe soil problems may require installation of deep pilings below the piers. To combat wetness, drain contractors can offer basement waterproofing and French Drain installation that allow water to move away from the home more directly. This is accomplished by grading the area so that it slopes away, or by installing a more efficient drain system or a sump pump.
- Brick and Block – Cracking of brick and block construction can also pose a serious issue for a home’s stability. Cracks can run vertically, horizontally, or in steps on their joints. All such cracks are devastating for a home’s stability and will need to be filled.
- Basement – Basements may sink, settle, crack, leak, and bow. Often, one issue can quickly cause another, if it is not repaired quickly. In many cases, you may need to improve basement waterproofing, basement wall sealing, and undertake some leaky basement repair. Here, not all basement waterproofing companies are alike, and you must choose your specialist carefully.
- Crawl space – Crawl spaces can have similar wetness and dampness issues. Here as well, basement waterproofing companies such as Weinstein Construction can be helpful in undertaking the necessary repairs.
If you are asking, “are there foundation specialists near me” or “foundation repair companies near me” then the answer is yes! The professionals at Weinstein Construction are specialists in undertaking basement foundation waterproofing, leaky basement repair, foundation cracks repair, and basement waterproofing. They can undertake French Drain installation, employ drainage mitigation techniques, and repair or replace any foundation! Give us a call today for a free, no-obligation inspection of your home!