Both the cost and timing of a balcony inspection will depend on a multitude of factors, for example:
- the number of elevated structures inspected to achieve the high confidence level required by the law;
- whether or not the EEE is covered by a stucco finish which will need to be removed;
- Whether or not the EEE has a soffit which will need to be removed;
- The height of the EEE from the ground;
- Whether or not access must be provided to individual apartments or condos;
- Whether or not inspecting the EEE will require the use of lift equipment (e.g., to repair balcony floor).