Typically, you will not need a permit from the city to do drainage work on your property. Having said that, if the work will involve trapping or diverting a local stream, or affecting a wetland or navigable waterway, a permit likely will be required. Likewise, if the job involves building or enhancing a structure on your property, or doing electrical work (e.g., installing a sump pump) then a permit may be required to proceed. In all cases, Weinstein Construction will be able to pull the permit and can partner with civil engineering firms near you to provide you with exceptional quality engineering plans for your project.