Everyone who lives in Los Angeles knows that the city typically experiences a huge earthquake every 100 years. We are today, long overdue for the next Big One! According to the U.S. Geological Survey*, Los Angeles has a 60% chance of experiencing a large earthquake in the next 30 years!
The degree to which a large quake can be catastrophic must not be understated. The Big One can have severe impact on property and life. This is why the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the California Earthquake Authority got together to provide funding for the Earthquake Brace + Bolt (EBB) program. This money is earmarked directly toward subsidizing homes that are at risk to be literally shaken off their foundations in the event of an earthquake!
The EBB program addresses seismic vulnerabilities found in homes that have short, wood-framed cripple walls under their first floor: it provides eligible homeowners with free-and-clear money grants of up to $3,000 to subsidize the cost of retrofitting and bolting the house to its foundation. Where wood framed walls are present under the first floor, the retrofit will brace such walls with plywood to reinforce them and help prevent the home from sliding off its foundation or collapsing on its inhabitants!
The great news is that the EBB program remains open until November 29, 2022 and right now, applications for the free money grant are accepted from homeowners who live in many ZIP codes across the greater Los Angeles area!
EBB Program – What you need to know?
- EBB is not a “first-come-first-serve” application! Everyone has an equal chance to
participate in the program!
- The free money grant can potentially cover full cost of the earthquake retrofit!
- Homeowners with household income at or below $72,080 qualify for even more free money in the form of a large supplemental grant!
- Weinstein Construction customers are eligible to participate in our very own Homeowner Incentive Program, whereby we retrofit small homes for about $3,000, and then wait to get paid by the EBB directly, so there is no cost at all to the homeowner!
Call Angela today at 818-334-6657 to find out about our amazing program!
Do this now so you are not left behind!
Act now to see if your home is in one of the eligible EBB ZIP codes. If you live in one of the EBB ZIP codes, complete the simple EBB online registration process!
At Weinstein Construction, we have done more than 8,000 retrofitting jobs and we are FEMA and EBB Program approved contractors! You don’t have to wait for the “Big One” to see if your home can withstand an earthquake! Call Angela today at 818-334-6657 to schedule a free inspection and estimate with us, the Los Angeles region’s best earthquake retrofitters!
* Adapted from: “What is the probability that an earthquake will occur in the Area? In the San Francisco Bay area?” U.S. Geological Survey.